Wednesday, November 14, 2007

book choice overview

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Published in 2006
Fiction
276 pages
This book is a number one New York Times bestseller. It deals with very deep emotions with strong meaning. It is about a man that falls in love with a woman just before going to war. She vows that she would wait for him until he returns. But when he comes back, he has to make some sort of choice between love and country, I’ll figure out what the choice is when I read the book. But even without knowing the choice that he has to make, you can tell that the book has many deep conflicts that will be challenging to comprehend their emotions and reactions.
I chose this book because the author, Nicholas Sparks, wrote The Notebook, which is one of my favorite movies. I know I like the authors style of writing, and I found that Dear John was published in 2006. The summery of the book sounded very interesting so I decided to get this book.

1 comment:

Mr. Hatten said...

Karly,
This book is supposed to be great. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of it.