Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Sea Inside; part one

The Sea Inside; part one
The Sea Inside was a very powerful movie with deep feelings. I felt much sympathy for Ramon, but I’m not sure that I agree with him. I can’t begin to understand how he feels, but I feel that he could have made much more of the time he had after the accident, even if it was in a wheelchair. At the same time, I can also see how using a wheelchair would be completely degrading. I agree with the courts decision because for them to kill him would be, in my eyes, murder. His actions, although I disagree with his decision, I think were needed. If you are living and hate every day of it and only wish to die as much as he did, then I think it was the right decision to take his own life. I also agree with the people who helped him. They couldn’t change his mind, so they did a favor for someone they loved.

No comments: